Intensive Outpatient Program (Daytime)
There is hope.
Substance abuse and mental health treatment can be very time consuming and costly. Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) are not. IOP programs do not require you to leave home, your loved ones, or your job for extended periods of time. Imagine offers both a day and an evening IOP Program right here in the Jackson area.
Reach out today for more information or a confidential, no obligation discussion:
Call today for a confidential discussion, your first step toward freedom.
Confidential Contact Form
How healing begins.
The important thing is to reach out for help when you need it.
This is often the logical step down following an acute hospitalization for suicidality or a mental health crisis. Or a step up from basic outpatient where you need more than what an individual therapist or psychiatrist can provide.
Our Day Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) offers relief and new directions to address depression, bi-polar disorder, trauma, overwhelming stress, anxiety and more. The hours are during the day which enables you to be home in the evenings to spend time with family. You may have to take time off of work but we will be happy to do FMLA and Short-Term Disability paperwork to enable you to participate in the program. Furthermore, since the program is during the day you will be home in the evenings to engage with your support system. The program meets 3 times per week for approximately 10 weeks with each session lasting three hours for a total of nine hours per week. In addition to the group times, you will also receive weekly individual sessions, family sessions, and psychiatric care. We accept insurance and private pay. Generally, the amount you will be responsible for after insurance is surprisingly low.
Group Therapy – IOP Programs are group driven programs that include individualized services such as individual and family therapy as well as psychiatric care and medication management. Many people are intimidated by the group component. It is completely normal to be nervous or anxious about attending group therapy. You may have just started opening up to an individual about your issues so the idea of opening up to a group of strangers sounds overwhelming. Group therapy is an amazing therapeutic approach with many benefits. According to Ervin Yalom, an expert on group therapy, here are some of the benefits to consider:
- Universality: Individuals with social anxiety often feel that they are alone in their struggles. Groups can help you understand that you are not the only one going through this.
- Altruism: Helping others feels good. A group setting provides an opportunity to help others by inviting feedback between group members.
- Feedback: A key practice that occurs in groups is the opportunity to work on social skills in the moment.
- Practice: Groups also contain a built-in way to practice the skills you are learning.
- Education: Groups also allow for learning through modeling and observing. Seeing someone else work through his or her fear can be motivating and encouraging.
In our experience people who are reluctant to engage in group therapy warm to the process in the first two weeks and then look back on the experience as indispensable in their healing/recovery process. Some patients with more severe social anxiety take a little more time than others to engage in the group process but it is often the very thing they need to confront the underlying issues that reinforce the social anxiety in the first place.
Day IOP Recap:
- Addresses depression, bi-polar disorder, trauma, overwhelming stress, anxiety and more
- More structure than general outpatient (aka seeing a counselor or psychiatrist) but less demand than Inpatient residential
- 3 days per week of group during the day
- Continue to be active in your family and support system
- Individual, family, and psychiatric services provided
- Affordable – We accept most Private Insurance. We offer payment plans for Private Pay.
There are times when inpatient care is the best decision; however, we encourage you to not make this decision on you own. We are partners with a number of facilities around the country and in the event that IOP is not the best decision for you we will assist you in finding the best suited facility for your needs.
Path to freedom.
Make the choice today to get on the path to healing which ultimately will lead you back to freedom. Call us today to discuss your options.